How Do I Create An Email Address?
This article describes how to create an email address on the server. You must do this before trying to read the address in an email client.
- Login to your account on our website on the top right hand of DDNS
- Select Products / Services on the left-hand side
- Select Manage for the hosting account you wish to add an email account to
- Click Login To Plesk (This will log you into your plesk hosting control panel: Your setup instructions may also have a direct URL to use.)
- Once you are logged in, click on Mail on the left-hand side
- Then click Create Email Address
- Enter the email address of your choice e.g. example@ along with a password of at least medium strength.
- Click OK when done.
Congratulations, you have now created your email address on the server, it will start accepting any emails sent to it with in moments. You can now either create additional mail boxes if you spare accounts, or move onto reading your email. Articles for this can be found here.
Spam Filtering - We provide basic spam and virus filtering with all accounts, you only need to apply personal settings via the spam filter tab if you want tougher criteria applied to inbound mail or to block a specific address. For more details on configuring your personal spam filter settings, see the article here.
Redirects - You can also configure redirects to forward a copy of your email onto a separate email address via the forwarding tab. If you do this but don't want to keep a copy of the original on our servers, be sure to untick the mail box option for this account.
Auto-reply - you can also configure your account to automatically reply when someone sends you an email. For example, to send them an out of office notification or an acknowledgement that you have received their email and will attend to it in a certain amount of time.
Click save and it's all done. You have now created your new mail box on the server. See notes below for reading your email.
Note: Extra mail boxes can be added to your account at any time. Just click on product upgrade from the product details page.