How Do I Check For Mail Automatically?
By default, Mac Mail checks for new messages every 5 minutes, you can adjust this as follows:
- Select Mail -> Preferences
- Click the General button
- Click the Check for new mail drop-down menu, and then indicate how often Mac Mail should check for new messages. Note: We strongly recommend leaving this setting on the default 5 minute interval
- Make changes to other mail settings as desired
- Close the Accounts window
- When prompted to save your changes, click the Save button