How Do I Setup Email On Outlook Express 6?
We do not recommend using this email client as it is out of date and Microsoft no longer offers updates or fixes for it. If you need a free email client, please look at the article for Thunderbird which is free and up to date here.
If you do want to set up email using this client, which is NOT recomended, here are the notes:
You will need the following...
- Email Address
- Email Password
1. Open Microsoft Outlook Express
2. Go to Tools > Accounts
3. Click the Add button and select the Mail item
4. Enter your name as you want it to appear in any messages you send, and click Next
5. Type your e-mail address, and click Next
6. On the E-mail Server Names page, complete your information as follows:
My Incoming Mail Server Is: Select either POP (emails saved on your computer) or IMAP (emails saved on server).
Incoming Mail Server: pop.quick.net.au or imap.quick.net.au depending on your choice above.
Outgoing Mail Server (smtp): smtp.quick.net.au
7. In the Account Name and Password fields, enter your email address and password, and then click Next
8 . On the setup confirmation page, click Finish
9. On the Mail tab, select the account you just created, and then click Properties
10. Go to the Servers tab
11. Select My server requires authentication, and then click Apply
12. Go to the Advanced tab
13. Server and port Numbers
Outgoing mail (SMTP): Tick the box labelled 'This server requires a secure connection' and set the port number in the box to 465.
Incoming mail server POP/IMAP: Tick the box labelled 'This server requires a secure connection' the number in the box just above it should then change to either 995 (pop) or 993 (imap). If it does not change automatically type it in by hand.
14. Click Apply and you should be all done