How Do I Change A Password For An Email Account?
- The first step is to log into the management area of our website at DDNS. Look for the login in the top right.
- Once logged in, select Products / Services on the left-hand side, then click Manage next to the domain (the domain is the part to the right of the @ symbol in your email address) associated with the email address.
- Now click the Login To Plesk link which is about half way down the page in the middle. This will load the hosting control panel, where you can directly manage all aspects of the hosting account including creating, removing and updating email accounts.
- When the control panel loads, click on the Mail tab and you will be presented with a list of the mailboxes configured on the account. To edit an existing account, click on the email address.
- You will now see two boxes where you can enter a new password without knowing the old one, if you don't see the note below. The new password should be at least 5 characters in upper and lower case with numbers and special characters. You can have the server generate a secure password by clicking the 'generate' button, don't forget to click view and make a note of the new password as you will need it later to read your email. Tip: If you're having trouble choosing your own secure password, this article should help.
- Once you have entered a new password twice, click OK and you are ready to go.
Note: All usernames are in the format user@ and are case sensitive, so we suggest keeping you username in lowercase.