How Do I Perform Basic Mail Troubleshooting?
This article outlines some of the most common problems encountered when setting up your email.
General Things To Check
1. Double check your settings. Phones have very small keys and it's very easy to make a mistake. This is by far and away the most common problem encountered, but also the easiest to fix.
2. Check you have the correct email username and password, also keep in mind that the username and password is case sensitive. Typically your username will be in lowercase, but it's possible to create usernames with capital letters in the control panel. The easiest way to do this is to use the webmail facility available at DDNS. If that does not work you should then look at resetting the account details from the hosting control panel.
Specific Error Messages
Error: none of the authentication methods supported by this client are supported by your server.
Solution: Check you account settings, you are most likely trying to connect to our mail servers without the use of encryption. For security reasons we do not let anyone try to authenticate with our servers by supplying their login details in plain text. You will find your account settings here;
- Outlook 2003: Tools-> E-mail Accounts…-> option: View or change existing e-mail accounts-> button Next-> double click on your email account -> more settings in lower right -> advanced tab
- Outlook 2007: Tools-> Account Settings…-> tab tab E-mail -> double click on your email account -> more settings in lower right -> advanced tab
- Outlook 2010: -> section Info-> button Account Settings-> Account Settings…-> tab E-mail -> double click on your email account -> more settings in lower right -> advanced tab
In the Outgoing server (SMTP) section check the option 'Use the following type of encrypted connection' is set to SSL (recommended) or TLS